Mental Health Counselor Jobs
Mental Health Counselor Job in New York (Immediate start with online therapy
New York, NY
- +3 Years of post-licensure experience required
- Part Time or Full Time
- Online Therapy: Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
- 1099 Position
Manhattan Mental Health Counseling is a thriving private mental health practice with three locations in Manhattan (Midtown East, Midtown West and Union Square). Our practice is composed of a team of licensed mental health counselors with multidisciplinary expertise including: mindfulness-based therapy, biofeedback, EMDR and life coaching.
We are a team of highly trained, friendly, and compassionate professionals, that believes that mental health is as important as physical health. Our mission is to help our clients build the tools needed to cope with a variety of mental health conditions, allowing them to pursue their dreams while living a balanced and healthy life.
As part of expansion we are looking for a LMHC, licensed mental health counselor to work one-on-one with a diverse group of adult clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented practitioner that wants to grow in a private practice setting. With budgets for future training, peer-supervision groups, and no marketing / selling expectation, this is an excellent place to develop while helping our clients transform their lives.
If you are someone that is excited by the prospect of joining a team that delivers effective, compassionate psychotherapy for all, please apply below:
Qualifications and Competencies
- Must be licensed as a mental health counselor (LMHC).
- Master’s Degree in mental health.
- Strong organizational, writing, and communication skills.
- At least 3 years of experience providing psychotherapy in one-on-one setting.
- Committed to learning and improving therapeutic skills.
- Strong work ethic and ethical standard.
- Build relationships with clients, meet weekly and manage treatment.
- Complete initial intake.
- Short note (SOAP note) per session to be completed daily after client meeting.
- Proactive Communications for scheduling, openings and Cancellations (mostly online with our software by updating the calendar).
Why Should You Apply?
- You want to be part of a thriving collegial practice.
- Great opportunities to work with fantastic, motivated clients.
- Budget allocated for growth and learning opportunities (CEUs).
- Weekly peer-supervision group.
- You get client referrals and feel like you are working as part of a comprehensive team to help your clients improve body, mind, and spirit.
- Beautiful work environment with comfortable and fully furnished therapy room.
- Kitchenette with healthy snacks.
- $40 per 53-minute session.
- No benefits.
- Full time or part time, 1099 independent contractor position.
Expertise with one or more of the following not required, but highly desirable:
- Mindfulness based therapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy.
- Gestalt therapy
- Hakomi therapy
- Transcendental Meditation
- Life coach
- Bilingual therapist
We are currently providing online therapy exclusively.
Three offices in Manhattan (Midtown East, Midtown West and Union Square)
Interested in joining Manhattan Mental Health Counseling? We're building a multidisciplinary and compassionate therapy practice and we'd love for you to join.
Meet Our Biofeedback Therapist
Biofeedback Therapy near Union Square (14th Street)