Cigna Therapists in NY
Find a Cigna Therapist Near You
Does Cigna cover therapy?
Is Cigna A Good Health Insurance?
Is There A Limit To The Number of Therapy Sessions?
What Mental Illnesses Does Cigna Cover?
- Depression is a mental health disorder marked by persistent feelings of sadness, reduced interest, and decreased motivation.
- Anxiety disorders are mental health conditions characterized by excessive worry, fear, and apprehension.
- Bipolar disorder involves strong mood swings, including periods of extreme highs (mania) and lows (depression). It usually requires professional treatment.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health problem that may develop after experiencing traumatic events.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental health condition. It is characterized by recurring thoughts (obsessions) and repetitive behaviors (compulsions).
- An eating disorder is a mental health condition marked by irregular eating habits and malformed body image. It can have serious physical and psychological consequences.
- A substance use disorder is a mental health issue. It is characterized by excessive and compulsive use of substances like drugs or alcohol. It leads to negative consequences on physical, mental health and well-being.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a mental condition that can last from childhood into adulthood. It damages a person's ability to focus, regulate their behavior, and may cause hyperactivity.
- Stress-related disorders are mental health conditions that are triggered by stress or trauma. These disorders can cause a range of symptoms, including anxiety, depression, flashbacks, nightmares, and sleep disturbances.
Questions to ask to Ascertain My Cigna coverage for therapy?
- Cigna Mental Health Copay: What is my copay for mental health outpatient services, specifically in connection with codes 90834 and 90837? (those CPT codes are used by Cigna therapists).
- Is there a session cap per year? (session caps are unlikely with Cigna, but better to know for sure.)
Is Online Therapy Covered by Cigna Insurance?
How Do Individuals Benefit From Choosing Cigna Therapists?
- Expertise and Skillset: Therapists that take Cigna are usually highly trained professionals with expertise in various areas of behavioral health treatment. Their specialized training allows them to provide targeted and effective therapy.
- Access to a Diverse Network: There is an extensive network of therapists that take Cigna. This ensures individuals have access to a wide range of mental health professionals. It gives people the ability to locate a therapist who aligns with their unique needs and preferences.
- Supportive Guidance and Empowerment: Cigna counselors provide supportive guidance and play an active role in aiding their clients toward better mental health outcomes.
- Insurance Coverage: Cigna's mental health coverage plans may shoulder a portion or even the full cost of therapy. This substantially alleviates the financial strain of therapy, thereby enhancing the accessibility and affordability of mental health care for individuals seeking to better their well-being.
How much does therapy cost with Cigna?
Coverage for therapy varies widely from one Cigna plan to another. Most often, there is some co-pay to be paid. You might also have a deductible to pay upfront before the sessions are partly or fully covered. For Cigna mental health coverage, the deductible is usually waived.
With a Cigna therapist, your therapy sessions will likely cost between $0 - $35 per session. The $0 - $35 amount is the co-pay (the fixed amount that you owe at each therapy visit).
The deductible is the total amount you need to spend on medical costs in a year. It is the threshold that must be reached before your health insurance begins to cover the cost of mental health treatment.
Cigna plans usually waive the deductible for psychotherapy. If so, no need to worry about your deductible. Simply take care of your Cigna copay.
Does Manhattan Mental Health Counseling Accepts Cigna?
What Is The Typical Timeframe For Scheduling An Appointment?
How to Find A Cigna Therapist?
- Visit the Cigna website: Go to the official Cigna website using your web browser.
- Navigate to the "Find a Doctor" section on the Cigna website. This is typically located in the main menu or in the header/footer section.
- Choose your plan: If you have a specific Cigna insurance therapist's plan, select it from the available options. This ensures that you find a Cigna therapist within your network and is covered by the insurance company.
- Select "Behavioral Health" or "Mental Health": Look for a category or filter that allows you to specify your search. This will help you narrow down the results to therapists.
- Enter your location: Provide your ZIP code or city name to find therapists who accept Cigna near your area. You may also have the option to search within a certain radius.
- Choose a specialty: Specify the type of therapist you're looking for, such as a psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor, or social worker. You can also select specific areas of expertise if you have particular needs.
- Review the results: After you've entered your search criteria, the website will display a list of therapists who meet your specifications. Take your time to review their profiles, including their credentials, experience, and any patient reviews available.
- Contact the therapist: After identifying a therapist who appears to be a good fit for your needs, jot down their contact details. Your next step is to contact them to inquire about their availability and proceed with scheduling an appointment.