United Healthcare Therapists
Does United Healthcare cover mental health?
United Healthcare Therapists occupy a pivotal role in promoting mental health, wellbeing, and building strength within our community. With their deep understanding, compassionate approach, and unending commitment, our team of skilled mental health counselors stands strong as sources of support.
United Healthcare therapists harness the transformative power of psychotherapy to help people with mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression. Their objective is to help their clients navigate life's hurdles, promote their healing journey and stimulate personal growth.
Our United Healthcare therapists facilitate the exploration of emotional landscapes, fostering resilience and guiding the transition from merely surviving to truly thriving.
Does United Healthcare Cover Therapy?
All United Healthcare members, individuals, and dependent family plan members are eligible for psychotherapy services under their United Healthcare insurance plan. With most United Healthcare plans, there is a co-pay and/or deductible to pay. We can check your mental health benefits for you.
Feel free to reach out to our office at 212-960-8626 or use the contact form below. With United Healthcare plans, there are no restrictions on the number of therapy sessions you can attend.
As long as your United Healthcare coverage is active and your visits are medically necessary, you can see an in-network UnitedHealthcare therapist on a weekly basis.
Questions to ask to Ascertain My United Healthcare coverage for therapy?
To know more about the specifics of your plan, call the number on the back of your United Healthcare insurance card. You can also sign-in to the United Healthcare online portal and check your benefits there. United Healthcare members can call one of these numbers for information on United Healthcare mental health coverage:
General United Healthcare number: 1-866-414-1959.
United Healthcare Individual Exchange Marketplace in New York State: 1-877-856-2429.
The following questions are good ones to ask United Healthcare regarding mental health coverage:
- United Healthcare Mental Health Copay: What is my copay for mental health outpatient services, specifically in connection with codes 90834 and 90837? (those CPT codes are used by United Healthcare therapists).
- Is there a session cap per year? (session cap are unlikely with United Healthcare, but better to know for sure.)
- Is the deductible waived? (for most United Healthcare plans, the deductible is waived, but again better to be sure.)
Upon scheduling your first consultation, we will also verify your United Healthcare coverage and will tell you what your copay and deductible would be, if applicable.
Is Online Therapy Covered by United Healthcare Insurance?
Yes. United Healthcare covers online therapy, which is often referred to as telehealth therapy. Therapists, like ours, who accept United Healthcare are known as United Healthcare in-network therapists.
Is Online Therapy Covered by United Healthcare Insurance?
To find therapists within the UnitedHealthcare network, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the UnitedHealthcare Therapists' website: Go to the official website using your web browser.
- Navigate to the "Find a Doctor" option on the UnitedHealthcare website.
- Choose your plan: If you have a specific UnitedHealthcare insurance plan, select it from the available options. This ensures that you find therapists within your network and covered by your insurance.
- Select "Mental/Behavioral Health": Look for a category or filter that allows you to specify your search for health professionals. This will help you narrow down the results to therapists.
- Enter your location: Provide your ZIP code or city name to find therapists near your area.
- Choose a specialty: Specify the type of therapist you're looking for, such as a psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor, or social worker. You can also select specific areas of expertise if you have particular needs like type of therapy.
- Review the results: After you've entered your search criteria, the website will display a list of therapists who meet your specifications. Take your time to review their profiles, including their credentials, experience, and any patient reviews available.
- Contact the therapist: After identifying a therapist who appears to be a good fit for your needs, jot down their contact details. Your next step is to contact them to inquire about their availability and proceed with scheduling an appointment.
If you're having trouble finding therapists through the website, you can contact the customer service. They will be able to assist you in finding therapists within their network and answer any questions you may have.
How much does therapy cost with United Healthcare?
Coverage for therapy varies widely from one United Healthcare plan to another. In most cases, there is a required co-pay that needs to be paid. Usually, the deductible is waived for mental health therapy. Some United Healthcare plans do not waive the deductible.
With a United Healthcare therapist, your therapy sessions will likely cost between $0 - $70 per session after you meet your deductible. The $0 - $70 is the co-pay (the fixed amount you owe at each therapy visit).
You likely have a health plan that waives the deductible for psychotherapy. This is usually the case. If so, there is no need to worry about your deductible. You would only be responsible for your United Healthcare copay.
There is no session cap for United Healthcare therapy.
Does Manhattan Mental Health Counseling Accepts United Healthcare?
Yes. All the therapists within our practice are United Healthcare therapists. Our therapy practice is in-network with United Healthcare.
Please call our office at 212-960-8626 or fill out the contact form below. Our Therapy Coordinator will call you to set up the first therapy session. During the call, she will check your insurance and tell you what is your copay and deductible, if applicable.